Welcome to Secret Paws 2018!
When the kitties of the Cat Blogosphere, from all 'round the world, join paws for the holidays to secretly exchange names and share the joy of gifting one another. This has been a tradition for more years than any of us can remember, and each year it seems to grow and grow.
Gift costs are always kept to a minimum, and we do our best to exchange names "within country", so none have the added expense of overseas shipping. We do ask that one and all respect deadlines, so all kitties have their goodies to open on Christmas Day!
So ~ whether you have joined in past years ~ or if Secret Paws is new to you ~ just let us know you want to be part of this event (deadline is 11/17/18, letting us know sooner is always better) ... and then you'll receive your very own
Secret Paw name from us, and Merry Meowy Holidays!
Thanks for being part of Secret Paws 2018
Who can participate? Kitties who have a blog can participate in the Secret Paws Exchange. It doesn't matter if you are posting on a regular basis as long as there is a blog address where people can visit and get to know your cats. We know many who don't blog or who have a FB page would like to participate, but the Secret Paws Exchange will be limited to blogging kitties this year.
If you would like to participate in Secret Paws 2018, please email the following information to Truffle and Brulee at our email address (email@example.com) by November 17, 2018. Please put Secret Paws 2018 in the Subject Line. It's easiest to copy and paste this information in your email to make sure you include everything.
- Name of cat(s). Please specify name of cats and the number of cats.
- Email address.
- Name of Cat Blog
- Blog address
- Complete Mailing address: It's important to include your human's first and last name because some post offices will not deliver to an address without this; especially if you live out of the United States.
- Phone Number: This is for mailing purposes. Some packages required a phone number
- Would you be willing to ship a package to a kitty from another country? (Remember postage is higher and packages must be shipped earlier when shipping internationally)
- Favorite Color
- Favorite Treat
- Favorite Toy
- Information on items that should be avoided (specific flavors, toys, treats, etc.)
- Anything else you would like your Secret Paw to know about you.
Let's try to limit this to $25.
Please send your information to Truffle and Brulee by November 17, 2018. Mom Paula will help us sort everything out within a week and we will email everyone their partner by November 21, 2017. Keep the Secret Paws "secret" this year until you receive yours and then post about your package on this blog and/or yours. The Secret Paws person/kitty that you send to may not be the same kitty you receive from. Please try to make sure everyone receives their Secret Paws package by December 15, 2017. We strongly recommend you ship international packages by December 1, 2017. We also strongly recommend that you use priority mail with a tracking number.
We will also send everyone an invitation to contribute to this blog site so you can post pictures and thank yous once you receive yours.
Special Note: If you know of someone who could use a surprise package during the holidays but may not be able to participate, please let us know.