Sunday, December 30, 2018

Gifts from My Secret Paws

by Valentine of Noir Kitty Mews



On Christmas morning I got to open the box from my Secret Paws and that experience inspired me to paw pen my own version of Silver Bells.  In the song I tell you all about my gifts and who sent them!  I'm sharing the orchestra music below that you can click on as you sing my lyrics.  



SILVER DOLLS

Silver Dolls, Silver Dolls
I got gifts from the Persian kitties
Ring-a-ling, (ring-a-ling) hear birdies sing (tweet-a-ling)
Soon it will be New Year’s day.
Chicken trappings, tuna trappings  
Dressed in holiday style
In the air there’s a nip-fragrant rainbow
Cat Dancer swaying, mousies playing
Meeting paw after paw
And out of every window you hear (me mew)
Silver Dolls, (silver dolls) Silver Dolls (silver dolls)
I got gifts from the Persian kitties.
Ring-a-ling, (ring-a-ling) 
Hear birdies sing, (tweet-a-ling)
Soon it will be New Year’s day.
Cardboard whirly, and coil springys
Bouncin’ yellow, red and green 
As I leap in the box after my treasures
Hear the Kittles crunch, hey it’s time for lunch
This is a Pussycat’s Big Day
And above all this rustle you hear (me mew)
Silver Dolls (They are my Secret Paws)
Silver Dolls (It’s just so-o splendid ‘cause)YEOWWW! Nip-Fragrant Rainbow
I got purr-esents from the kitties
Ring-a-ling, I have lots to share
Hear birdies sing, they flutter everywhere
Soon it will be New Year’s day 
Chicken trappings, tasty trappings (Silver Dolls)
Dressed in holiday style (Silver Dolls)
In the air there’s a nip-fragrant rainbow (I got purr-esents from the kitties)
Cat Dancer swaying, mousies playing (Ring-a-ling)
Meeting paw after paw (Hear them sing)
Very soon it will be New Year’s day.

Gifts from the Silver Dolls


YEOWWW! Nip-Fragrant Rainbow


I Have Lots to Share


Chicken Trappings, Nom Nom!


Selfie with Gifts


Many thanks to the Silver Dolls and their momma, Paula, for the Secret Paws gifts they sent me for Christmas!  I am overjoyed.  "Silver Dolls" is, of course, the nickname I came up with a year or so ago for my be-au-ti-ful white and silver lady cat pals -- Truffle and Brûlée -- of the Sweet Purrfections bloggie.  Hugs and kisses for them!  Mew Mew!

Original Silver Bells Songwriters: Jay Livingston / Ray Evans
Silver Bells lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

1 comment: